This recipe blends the flavour of apples with spices, for a delicious, tangy coffee drink.
- 475ml / 2cups strong black coffee
- 1 litre of water
- 475 ml apple juice
- 30ml brown sugar, to taste
- 3 oranges, thinly sliced
- 2small cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Cinnamon stick, to serve
This delicious version of black coffee is only slightly alcoholic.
1 lemon and 2 oranges, finely sliced
1.5 liters black coffee
3 tbsp rum
85grms. caster sugar
8 lemon slices, for serving
- Place the lemon and orange slices in a saucepan.
- Add the coffee and heat
- When the mixture is about to boil, pour in the rum and sugar, stirring well until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat
- While the coffee is still hot, pour into glasses, and decorate with a lemon slice.
2 shots espresso
1½ oz. strawberry syrup
1½ oz. vanilla syrup
steamed milk or if preferred chilled, add a scoop of ice-cream
vanilla powder for garnish
1 whole fresh strawberry for garnish
In a 12-ounce cup, combine espresso and syrups. Fill cup with steamed milk, top with foam and sprinkle with vanilla powder.
Garnish with a strawberry.
When the neighbourhood trick-and-treaters have finished their tricks, relax with one of these!
1 oz. chocolate syrup
1 oz. orange syrup
1 shot espresso
Orange-flavour whipped cream
Cocoa powder for garnish
In a 12-ounce cup, combine syrups and espresso.
Fill the cup with steamed milk and garnish with cocoa powder.